Tuesday, 16 June 2009

Swansea Jack's


Photo of old college pals. Photographer David A Grey, not included.


I went to see a friends photo exhibition on Friday. I used to go to college with him in Swansea of all places. This was also a good 10/11 years ago. So as you can imagine, I had the pleasure of bumping into a few old pals - which brought back a few good memories. Well, some were good and some were just plain daft. I have just only recently paid off my student loan too. This kind of added to the sense of occasion and so I guess I’ve now fully paid off my debt to Swansea. Tidy.

The exhibition is called ‘THE DREAM THAT DAYS BREAK’ and the photos were taken by David A Gray. The exhibition will be showing at the Bodhi Gallery/bar ( opposite the 2 bagel shops ), 214 Brick Lane, London, E1 6SA. If you are a fan of documentary photography, then I highly recommend it. I have always admired his work, thoughtful compositions and he’s understanding of how to illustrate a strong visual narrative. So it’s good to see some of he’s work out on display. I believe it will be featured in the forth coming Photo 8 magazine. That’s a geeky photography magazine, for geeky photographers.
Post a Comment