Monday, 2 August 2010

World Trade Centre, circa 1992





I found these family snaps of the World Trade Centre at my Mum’s. My parents visited New York, late 1992. They also paid a visit to the West Coast too. I’ve got some relatives out there; cousins of cousins type of thing. They visited L.A. The summer just after the riots. If I recall, there was a brilliant short story in one of the literature issues of Vice a couple of years ago, I thought that it was a good insight into the human psyche of peoples moods at the time, If you can find it then may I recommend having a read.

Anyway, I’m waffling now. World Trade photos, circa 1992. According to Wikepedia, in total both the towers viewing decks received an estimated total of 80,000 visitors per day, so I would imagine that there’s quite a lot of similar looking photos and stories in circulation.
Post a Comment