Friday, 16 December 2016

Lea Bridge road, twinned with Bowery NYC

Okay, I made that bit up, but in my world it does. Lea Bridge road has taken quite a pounding over its years but things are on the up. The train station has re-opened and I recently paid a visit to a craft fair at the Hair and Hounds pub. Local artist Lucy Harrison has been working on a project about Lea Bridge road and you can read more about that here. Failing that, simply enjoy my visual visit on a dismal day in December

United Dairies ghost sign, Gloucester Road, Leyton  

The old Woolworth's on Lea Bridge Road. Now a Greggs, with the other entrance now being an Iceland , that's progress for you 

Bakers Arms pub, which pretty much divides Leyton, Walthamstow and Leytonstone 

M.Winger LTD 

London Master Bakers Almshouses. always intrigued by this place and would love to pop in and pay a visit someday 

Lea Bridge road, not far off Notting Hill in the 1970s 

The office 

Once a theatre and now a church. I've played Bingo in this place. Out of site to the left, once stood a pretty good record shop,I bought Pink Floyd's Animals in there 

Lagos Island. I think it's the tiled shop roof that makes it look inviting 

More Ghost Signs on Lea Bridge Road, I think it reads H.Benning and Sons 

Loving the fonts for Part Worn Tyres

Post a Comment